IK Multimedia seems to have a business plan with their approach to iPad performance tools. They’ve popularized their iRig, a way guitarists can connect their guitars to their i-devices. They’ve created VocaLive, bringing other instruments besides guitar into the IK mix as well as recording. They’ve solved the “bringing an iPad to the gig” problem with the iKlip mic stand adapter. Now they’ve created a handheld condenser microphone for the i-devices called the iRig Mic.
Being touted as the first handheld mic for the iPhone, which it is, it’s the last element needed in making a studio out of the i-devices.
- Ideal for all vocal applications from singing to speech
- Great for all types of sound recording or processing in music or any other audio application
- Quality condenser-electret unidirectional capsule
- Dual mini-jack connector allows real-time monitoring on headphones, speakers, mixers, PAs
- Rugged, durable metal housing
- Easy to set-up for any sound source
- Can be handheld or placed on a standard mic stand
- Comes with apps for singers and songwriters
- Can be used with a multitude of other apps
Though I’m sure the product is excellent, the promotional material leaves a bit to be desired. Here is a Youtube clip of the iRig mic in action and some promo shots. I can’t help but snicker at them.