Have you ever found yourself to be locked out of your Android device because a friend of yours decided to add a lock screen for fun? I have. Luckily, I was able to bypass the lock without having to root or ROM the phone. This simple app will allow you to do the same. Screen Lock Bypass comes in a “Free-mium” version and a Paid version at $4.20. Essentially, both versions do the same thing but if you pay for it, you can completely remove the PIN or password from your device. The free one will temporarily unlock it for you but the lock will still be enabled. Nevertheless, the steps are simple:
1) Login to the web based Android Market.
2) Install this application to your registered device.
3) Then install any other application you wish, it will trigger this application to run and the Screen Lock will be disabled.
Done! Or with the paid version:
1) Unplug the charger from your device.
2) Login to the Web based Android Market using your PC.
3) Using the Web Market, install this application to your registered device.
4) Once installed, plug your charger into the device to activate the bypass.
5) Once bypassed you will see an “Activate” button. Click it, and your screen lock will be reset.
Done again! Not sure yet? Check out the video:
Try it out for yourself. Remember, this does NOT require rooting at all. Very handy indeed.