We hit up a variety of topics today, some controversial, some more light hearted. We discuss a little talked about Senate law that could make embedding video on websites punishable in jail. Other topics are iOS5, Blackberry woes and the end of Verizon unlimited data plans. We go in depth into Semantic web and question why it’s not being implemented more. Lastly we have a discussion about the future of gaming.
Hosts:Radford Castro, Sean Wilburn, Tony Hannides, Victor Bognot
Special Guest: Ken Harrell of Ebongeek.com
- 01:00 – Proposed Senate law could make embedding video illegal
- 15:12 – Apple iOS 5 has faster HTML 5 than Microsoft’s “Mango”
- 17:49 – Hands on with iOS 5
- 22:35 – HTC Facebook phones
- 26:33 Google acquires Sage TV
- 32:15 – Best Buy’s UK music service coming to U.S.
- 35:45 – Seesmic dropping Blackberry support from Twitter app
- 39:24 – Sony pulls content from Netflix
- 41:51 – Excelbook – Facebook that looks like MS Excel
- 43:42 – Verizon unlimited data is ending, tiered pricing coming
- 48:35 – The Semantic Web – What it is and what is holding back adoption
- 1:09:08 – Future of gaming: MMO and Micro-transactions