In the second episode, we get inside the mind of CEO of Keen Software House – Marek Rosa and Community Manager Ansel Leos. These guys join us to talk about their brewing space sim – Miner Wars 2081. We talk about some of the challenges indie game developers face as they push their game into market. Miner Wars 2081 is a game I’m hoping to see the light day considering all of the graphics and concepts being fleshed out. But at what point do you start dealing with scope creep? I push Rosa and Leos to the limit as my expectation for the Miner Wars game is to simply see it finished. We talk candidly about how they deal with developers, feedback and overall scope of the game. Rosa also talks about how he crafts the story on Miner Wars and I spill my impressions on it.
- The mind of a CEO and Programmer – Marek Rosa
- The mind of a Community Manager – Ansel Leos
- How they found each other
- How Marek Rosa built the Voxel and ploy-based and Miner Wars’ 3D Engine
- The complexities of development time vs. scope
- The state of Miner Wars 2081, MMO and other stuff
- Gathering feedback on indie games
- Rosa gets into the story. I get into a frenzy
- The competition
- Seeing the game through. Giving it that ummmph.