Of course, Google is going to release some updates to their core Android apps. We’ve already looked at the Google+ update, but let’s look at some of the other key changelog updates.
Download the latest release of Google Maps, and never carry a paper map again. Google Maps for Android with Navigation (Beta) has:
* Detailed maps with 3D buildings
* Voice guided turn-by-turn GPS navigation
* Driving, public transit, biking, and walking directions
* Live traffic information to avoid congestion
* Local search and business reviews
* Google Maps Street View
* Indoor maps for select airports, hotels, retail stores, and more
* Add bookmarks to a page by tapping the top right corner or using the menu.
* Stream video and audio embedded in books.
* Support fixed-layout EPUBs (on Honeycomb or higher), SVG images(on Honeycomb or higher), and original fonts.
* Enable or disable auto text-to-speech in “Settings” menu.
* Enable or disable downloading via WiFi only in “Settings” menu.
* Links in books now works.
* Bug fixes.
* Android 3.2+ devices: v.4.0
* New UI: Guide on the left side of the screen with instant access to channels
* Preload videos while on WiFi and charging for smooth playback on the go
* Turn your phone into a remote, to play YouTube videos on other devices
* Access your watch History across devices
Earlier Android devices: v.2.4
* Sign-in with Google account
* HD playback (on capable phones)
* Multiple bug fixes
No longer in Beta. Still need ICS.
If you’ve got these apps, either update from your phone or the web browser!