Sony’s press conference for CES 2011 was today and they had a lot to show. Currently Rad and Vic are at CES 2011 so they’ll try to get some footage of these items in action. Here are some of Sony’s announcements from the conference.
- As no surprise, Sony focused at lot on 3D technology. They have on display some glasses-free 3D televisions. These are said to have a wider view angle than Toshiba’s TV. There is no announced timeline for these TVs.
- 3D TV programming is coming to the U.S. in a “few months”
- 3D Bloggie announced. It’s a small 3D camera with a 2.4″ glasses-free display. Said to sell for around $200.
- New 3D Full HD Camcorder HDR-TD1o, sells for $1499.00. Lot’s a specs, looks like a pair of robot eyes. I’ll let Vic tackle this one.
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc announced. Similar to the X10a, but runs Android 2.3 gingerbread, HDMI out. Slicker look.
- New 3D Vaio laptops. Still uses glasses. Uses Intel i7 processor, HD display and a built in Blu-ray player.
- Sony demoed the upcoming Music Unlimited service for the PS3.
- 3D Blu-ray player with built in Wifi.