Polyphony Digital has been good about getting updates for their flagship racing game for the Playstation 3. The recent Spec 2.0 update expanded cockpit views for standard cars, better control over the replays and more. The update goes live on December 21, 2011.
The DLC will include new cars and will cost around $5 and will include the following cars: new and improved 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35, 2011 MINI COOPER S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, and a 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R.
Along with the DLC, a free update will be available also for anyone who bought the October DLC or this DLC. They are calling it a “Family Upgrade” and it allows DLC purchased on a PS3 to be compatible with other accounts on the same PS3. This only works with the car packs as the racing gear and the paint packs will only work on the account it was purchased on. As a thank you for supporting Gran Tursimo, those who purchased at least one of the October pack will also get another racing kart and five refresh cards. Refresh cards allows a car to go back to “new” status while keeping any modifications and paint jobs.
The 2.02 update is also a free update for all that adds on the following features:
- Offering the ability to change wheels on standard cars
- A ‘copy’ feature will be added to settings sheets
- In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application.
- Free tickets have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update).
- Pressing the □ button in the car ticket selection screen of the Car Delivery, will now allow you to exchange all car tickets at once.
- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the □ button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the △ button will show the drivers list.
- An option has now been added for ‘Max. number of participants – this is featured in the room settings of My Lounge.
- Added ☆ marks which show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event, in the event selection screen of seasonal events.
- Racing sound effect adjustment.
- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been adjusted.
Lastly, everyone who downloads the 2.02 update will get a free Toyota FT86 ’12 model for free.