Electronic Arts and Maxis have announced a new SimCity game, the 5th of the popular city simulations series. It is being called SimCity instead of SimCity 5 and is slated for a 2013 PC release date. The game also has a pre-order bonus that will feature a super hero and villain to do battle in your city.
The new game will feature full 3D cities now, curved roads and a future downloadable pack called SimCity Heroes and Villains that will open your city to the battle between Maxis Man and the Evil Dr. Vu. Those who pre-order the game will get this pack for free. Superheroes are required for just about every Metropolis to be complete anyway. According to EA’s Origin page for the game, there will also be DLC packs adding European cities and some type of Multiplayer mode called Social Flow.
Here are the key features for the game:
Constructable Worlds —Creative and customizable world that offers unique gameplay benefits, all with a fun tactile interface.
• Sims Matter—The Sims in your city speak to you directly and it’s up to you to respond to their needs. Will you listen and be the toast of the town? Or abuse your power for fame and fortune?
• Specialize in What You Love—Mold your city as a casino resort, manufacturing hub, educational enclave, and more, and then watch as a unique look and feel spread throughout your city.
• Multiplayer— Build a region with friends for the first time! Collaborate or compete in regional and global challenges and make decisions that impact the greater SimCity World.
• GlassBox Engine— SimCity introduces GlassBox, the revolutionary simulation technology that gives you the power to impact individual Sims lives, manage city level simulation, and balance multiple city simulations at once.
Here are the details of the SimCity Heroes and Villains pack:
New Characters— Protector of SimCity MaxisMan vs. The Evil Dr. Vu and his henchman.
• Crime Waves—The Evil Dr. Vu is loose and will create havoc in your city. Normal police have their hands full against this Super Villain. The Evil Dr. Vu will solicit Sims to become his henchmen and carry out his dastardly deeds.
• Super Hero HQ – Place MaxisMan’s headquarters in your city to combat crime and keep your Sims safe. Upgrade with the Turbo Machine garage and The Reticulator landing pad.
• Evil Villain Lair – Place Dr. Vu’s Lair in your city to unleash a crime wave. As The Evil Dr. Vu commits more crimes, upgrade his lair with a special laboratory and a garage for the Evil VuMobile.
• Mystery Item – Everybody likes a good surprise. Enhance your city with this bonus item!
Here are the system requirements for Social Flow:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
Windows XP: 1.5GB
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB
PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB RAM
ATI X1800 or better*
nVidia 7800 or better*
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*
8x or better